The most private Linux distro
Nowadays, with everyone rightly afraid that their activities on the Internet may be spied on by a hacker or the secret service of any country, all tools that help use to preserve our privacy become essential. And if it's an operating system instead of a tool, much better. This is the case of Tails, a Linux distribution that anonymously reinforces our use of the Internet.
The anti-spy Linux distribution
Tails comes in Live-DVD format that can be launched from the DVD itself, a USB pendrive or an SD card. Its purpose is to reinforce the user's privacy and anonymity when it comes to connecting to the Internet and to avoid the censorship of certain webs. For such purpose, it carries out all the Internet connections through TOR and makes use of an advanced file, email and instant messaging encryption system.
Make sure you protect your privacy.
Some of the features and software included in Tails
- Linux distro based on Debian.
- System optimized to preserve the user's privacy on the Internet.
- GNOME desktop environment.
- Uses the TOR network to connect to the Internet.
- Network connection manager.
- Iceweasel browser, preset with patches for privacy protection.
- Instant messaging by means of Pidgin, preset with OTR.
- Airtrack-ng wireless network auditor.
- OpenOffice office suite.
Download Tails and protect your privacy with the most secure Linux distro.
- You need to burn the image on a disc to launch the installation or virtualize it with an appropriate program.